At Breckenridge Dental, we recognize that great health starts within. To achieve better dental health, there are foods you can eat that are especially good for your oral health. These amazing foods are known to provide health benefits that improve not only the health of your teeth but your whole body as well!
Foods You Should Eat for Optimal Teeth Health
- Cheese. One of the most delicious foods is also good for your teeth. Because it is high in phosphate and calcium and low in sugar, it balances the pH in your mouth, therefore, preventing cavities.
- Dark, leafy greens. Greens such as spinach and collard greens are full of calcium, magnesium, and folic acid. While calcium and magnesium, work to strengthen your jawbone and tooth enamel, folic acid helps with gum health.
- Carrots. In addition to high fiber content, carrots act as a natural brush. It’s loaded with Vitamin A which strengthens tooth enamel.
- Apples. Apples also act as a natural toothbrush by scrubbing away plaque on teeth. Their high acidity also helps to kill bacteria that cause bad breath.
- Fatty fish. Fatty fish like tuna and salmon are high in omega-3, vitamin D, and calcium. These nutrients ward off tooth decay, giving you a long-lasting smile for years to come.
- Nuts. Packed with essential nutrients such as phosphorus and calcium, nuts are great at fighting back bacteria that lead to tooth decay.
- Green tea. Tea contains fluoride which helps prevent tooth decay in addition to an antioxidant called catechin that reduces inflammation in the gum and bone surrounding your teeth.
Improve Your Oral Health By Visiting Breckenridge Dental
Diet is a great tool for achieving better oral health. Incorporating any of these foods into your meals is an excellent way to ensure you’re giving your body the nutrients it needs. Need a reliable dentist you can trust in the Louisville, KY area? Schedule an appointment at Breckenridge Dental today!