Please welcome Michele Garnett as our newest hygienist! Michele has over 20 years of experience and we are excited to have her at Breckenridge Dental Care! Get to know Michele in the Q&A below:
- Where are you from? I am an Army brat of 18 years so I always answer from all over. But I was born at Ft. Knox and both of my parents are from KY.
2. What do you enjoy most about Louisville? It’s a great place to raise a family.
3. What do you enjoy most about your job? My interaction and bonds formed with patients and helping them achieve/maintain a healthy mouth and smile.
4. What’s your favorite part about your patients? The relationships that are formed between them and myself. They tend to become like family.
5. Advice for future hygienists? Take care of your body. Get massages, stretch, etc. to prevent injuries from all the bending and weird positions we get into.
6. Best oral health advice? Do everything your hygienist and dentist recommends! But seriously floss daily, brush twice a day for 2 mins or more, invest in a Sonicare or an Oral B electric toothbrush, and maintain a healthy diet.
7. Advice for those who haven’t been to the dentist in a while or afraid? Just make an appointment because your mouth affects your entire body. Don’t be afraid to ask any questions and address all of your concerns. Don’t be afraid to express your fears so we can help make your visit as pleasant as possible.
8. How do you spend your free time? Enjoying my family.
9. Favorite TV show or book you last watched/read? or both! This Is Us and too many books to name! But listening to music is my greatest escape. I love all genres.